Lacking Natural Simplicity

Random musings on books, code, and tabletop games.

Converting my emacs-lisp repository to GIT and putting it online

I've had a mercurial repository for my Emacs Lisp initialization files since Thursday, Oct 29, 2009, but had actually used it very little. Recently I had occasion to untangle my initialization files somewhat — they had over 12,000 lines of code when I started, and I've reduced that to 6,137 lines and switched over to using Elpa packages for as much stuff as I can.

I decided I'd put it in one of the online repositories, and since I'm already using for my blog I decided to put it there. But that meant converting it to GIT. I used the directions here using fast-export which seemed to work fine.

Print Friendly and PDF


Comments powered by Disqus